Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Our days are numbered

Another great devotional message from Our Daily Bread was shared with me by my very wise husband. He reminds me that our time on earth is limited. I will not live a life of complacency by having the mindset that making changes in my life is something to put off until I'm nearing the end of my life. I do NOT believe that is the way to live because the time is now.



"Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. —Psalm 90:12

In an effort to number my days, I ask myself the following questions:

How can I become more like Christ?
Am I reading the Word regularly?
Am I devoting time to prayer?
Am I meeting together with other believers?

I know God put me here to do something great with the talents and passion He's given me. But my time to do great and to be great is limited and dictated by HIM. So I will live this life with a heart open to His love and wisdom to not just spend my time, but more importantly, to invest it.

No comments:

Post a Comment