Friday, September 16, 2011

Postpartum Pounds Part 2

When Isaac was born, I weighed 182 lbs. GASP! Before Isaac was conceived, I weighed 130 pounds. Since my last postpartum poundage report over four months ago, I have lost 13 pounds living life as a stay-at-home mom with absolutely NO dieting and NO exercising. That may not sound like much of a loss, but considering my current lifestyle, I'm quite proud of myself. I spend 85% of my time indoors at home eating everything in sight. The intense food cravings still haunt me at all hours of the day/night. Right now my biggest cravings are for peanut M&M’s and In-N-Out burgers and fries. Since I refrain from ordering a Double-Double-Animal-style, am I considered health-conscious? Does carrying around a gigantic baby count as a workout regimen? If so, then clearly it’s no mystery as to why I’ve trimmed down and am only 9lbs away from my goal weight! Haha!



In all seriousness, I owe the steady weight loss to the past 7 months of breastfeeding my baby. Sometimes I feel like I deserve some sort of recognition at this point. My son’s first two bottom teeth are in…yowza...they really hurt!

I’m a HUGE advocate for breastMILK. I encourage soon-to-be moms to breastfeed your child. Breast is the best and your shrinking post-baby figure will love you for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment