Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My life is in you, Lord

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Make me a channel of your peace.
Where there is hatred let me bring your
love.
Where there is injury, your pardon, Lord
And where there's doubt, true faith in
you.


These are shortened versions of the prayers I have lifted up to the Almighty Father throughout my life. (I cannot take credit for these empowering words.)

It takes dedication to say them on a daily basis. It takes conviction to trust God’s plan rather than my own. It takes wisdom greater than my understanding to accept life as it is. It’s not about being the best me I can be. It’s about living life pleasing Him and no one else. I think that is the hardest part of all, but I accept the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment