Monday, September 5, 2011

Gossip Girl

Some gossip came back to me not too long ago when a good friend confided in me. She said a particular woman in our greater community recently talked about my past mistakes to her family. My friend and I couldn’t believe that after all these years this particular woman had to drudge up the hurtful past.

When the rumor mill churns salacious drama, I admit there is an eerie satisfaction when hearsay pulls people down from their glorified pedestals. But that’s so wrong, and I cannot let my sinful nature find pleasure when he-said-she-said-this-and–that.

Although this woman cannot get past the past, I know I have. I worship a God of second chances and I love who I am today because of HIS promise to me. As long as I make a conscious effort to maintain dignity and remain Christ-like in any given situation, I know I will be blessed.

I’m thankful to my husband who is always so encouraging. He taught me how to look at the situation with greater wisdom rather than let it bring me down. He challenged me to let this one slide. In the grand scheme of things, it shouldn’t affect my personal values nor can I let it stand in the way of my potential. God has blessed me abundantly, and with this wisdom I grow stronger and become better everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment