Sunday, April 4, 2010

An Emotional Easter

Today is Easter Sunday and praise God for this glorious day in our Christian faith. I wanted to share just how touched I was during service today. The 12-year-old daughter of the music director sang solo and was also accompanied by the church's adult choir. Her voice was so pure and so confident that it blew my mind. I was moved to tears.

Today I experienced true and selfless beauty. I watched this amazing 12-year-old girl sing her heart out in glory to God in front of family, friends and strangers. She stood as this little girl with the big beautiful voice behind the mic. Her talent was unmatched but her angelic voice was not what I remember most. It was the mere fact that she knew she has a God-given talent and shared that talent with all of us.

I was so moved to see this sweet little girl understands her purpose. She knew what she was given and she shared it for others to enjoy as they worship in song and praise. To me, sharing what talents and abilities you have for others to be inspired by is true beauty. You see, our talents are not meant for us to hide or keep for ourselves.

It's no doubt I'm blessed with many riches...and I'm not just talking in the worldly sense. I'm blessed with more gifts than I've ever asked for. The other day a friend told me I'm one of two people that he knows that "stuff" just happens to 'em. He meant good stuff, of course. It's like that ole' saying, "when you give it back in glory to God it comes back 10-fold." It is so very true, and I live by that in my own life. The many blessings I've received and the many experiences I'll forever remember set me apart from most people I know. Again, I'm not referring to these riches in a worldly sense. I'm moving past that to a much higher degree. I'm blessed with riches that can only be understood in faith and love. I'm continually blessed with the true necessities in life. I'm convicted my appetite will always be nourished. I've received gifts that I never knew I needed...and realizing in most cases that these gifts were never even asked for.

You see, I've come to learn that we're all given something for a greater purpose and a greater good than just to entertain ourselves. When we take this gift and share it with others we get something back much greater..."for the one who has will be given more, and he will have more than enough."(Matthew 25:29)

No comments:

Post a Comment