Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Opening doors

For once, I'm completely letting go and letting God. In my prayers, I ask HIM to lead me, guide me, open doors for me and show me the way. On Monday, I sat down and thought to myself..."man, oh man how I wish I could be a stylist!"

Apparently, I've developed an appreciation for fashion thanks to my sources of inspiration in the wonderful world of reality TV. Thank you MTV, BRAVO and E! for bringing me a creative outlet to admire...even though it makes me a teenie-bopper as my hubby would say.

I wish I could spend a day in Dash (Miami or Calabassas). Kourtney and Kim, I dig your impeccable taste.



Who knew I would be so inspired to style for celebs? I've even painted my nails an intensely deep burgundy to melodramatic black as another statement piece. I suck down caffeine every morning because I cannot takeover the world without it. Thanks Rachel Zoe! Your branded influence coupled with your love of vintage Chanel and over-sized sunglasses make me a fanatic for your fashion fanaticism.



My husband thinks I have a sick and mindless obsession to reality TV. Well it wasn't until inspiration struck me this week had I realized that no, it's not the mindless drama that happens in reality TV that I find so captivating. It's the clothes that adorn these women that I fantasize about. The "real-life" drama captured in plot twists (realigned in post production) of their media-skewed lives is NOT what keeps me tuning in. I love that they know how good they look, and I want to know how to look as good as them...because I know I can with the proper training.

So...Monday I thought to myself I wish I knew how to pick pieces and put them together in a stylish way. I wanna know how to create a look so I can look my sharpest and most fashionable with hopes that paparazzi can mistake me for some celeb. Yes, that's me in the pic pretending to be VIP outside my pseudo-swank Vegas hotel room. I feel like if you strut it, they (paparazzi) will come.



I have a secret obsession to celebs getting caught off guard while still looking casually chic in the streets.



I want to learn fashion so I can be fashion. In Dallas, fashion speaks volumes. Unfortunately, my humble upbringing never taught me how to speak Prada. So once again, I had these thoughts on Monday...then I prayed about it. I called Club Monaco at the Dallas Galleria to see if they were hiring any part-time "stylists." They confirmed they are. So then I prayed about it some more. I went in to fill out an application and get interviewed by the manager on Tuesday. So I prayed even more. I got a call later on Tuesday with an offer to work very part-time so I can get exposure to fashion and styling while enjoying a hefty employee discount at Club Monaco...my form of couture!



So I sit here still praying...God, what are you trying to prove? Is fashion an avenue I should pursue? I will since YOU seem to be giving me green lights on this for now. We'll see what this does to me...we'll see what this teaches me...we'll see how this will make my own business grow...we'll see how this will challenge me creatively. I'm open to anything and will refuse nothing from HIM. This is another door. We'll see where it leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment