Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Great Blog to Follow

For those educated, hard-working professionals in their 20-somethings, I highly encourage you visit the following blogs for financial nourishment. Hang on...these two aren't just for nourishment. Simple statements posted within these sites are a freakin' wake up call to those who are clueless. I can't say I'm clueless, but at least I'm getting off my butt to get a freakin' clue.

Check out Mark Cuban's Blogmaverick (wwww.blogmaverick.com) and some random guy named Juan sharing his road to financial freedom via http://tops5450.wordpress.com. These two know their S#@% and can teach you to become massively successful. After all, don't we all want to be rich in this life?

I visit MC's blog regularly since there is always information that I can apply to my own lifestyle choices. A great post of his was entitled, "How to Get Rich Part 1A." The content stopped me dead in my tracks. Speak on it, MC! What you say totally goes...afterall, you're a freakin' self-made billionaire! You talk like this 'cause you can back it up!

Guess what, people...the first step you can take to becoming financially wealthy is to save, save and save some more. You have to form a discipline within yourself to cook rather than go out for dinner or to make coffee in your Cuisinart rather than grab A Venti White Chocolate Mocha at Starbucks for a whopping $4. Get a clue, guys. Spending here and there won't make you any wealthier. It all freakin' adds up! I gotta quote MC for only he can put it so eloquently as he stated, "When everyone was following the crowd, they (today’s disgustingly wealthy individuals) kept on saving their money and avoiding the temptation of groupthink." Let that marinate and reflect upon your own daily spending habits.

Did you know that if you spend using a credit card, you don't truly want to be rich?! That's MC's mentality and it hit me so unbelievably hard. When I was in the working world, I used credit cards to rack up advantage points for either cash rewards and/or airline miles. It took my wonderfully patient husband to make me realize cash is king, and I was only digging myself into a bigger financial hole of debt. Today, we live on cash. I'm embarrassed to say we're still paying off my credit card debts because for a couple of years, I let myself get carried away. What an ignorant little girl I was. I didn't realize spending something like $50 on a credit card was like spending $125 with the accruing interest. Those numbers may be way off, but you get the point...I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment