Thursday, January 12, 2012

Philanthropy

Earlier today I had a successful one-on-one meeting with author/entrepreneur/TV and radio personality/Southern Living Editor-at-Large, Kimberly Shlegel Whitman. She is the devoted mother and successful businesswoman I aspire to be like. More importantly, she is a philanthropist at heart. Check out her Website at www.kimberlywhitman.com to learn more about her growing empire.

Today we brainstormed and refreshed our promotional outreach strategy for her Website and blog site, RSVP Calendar (http://rsvpcalendar.blogspot.com). I’ve been a part of her team since July of 2010. I am humbled and honored to contribute to her continued mission and vision.



Just last week, I came across an article back from 2008 that described Kim’s role as a new mother and entrepreneur. It was inspiring to read how she manages the demands of motherhood and found the balance to maintain her professional/social life. But what really struck me in the article was that she genuinely lives by her parents’ mantra, “To whom much is given, much is expected.”

I think it’s something for us all to think about. Most everyone I know is blessed with abundance. I imagine it would only take a mere fraction of our time to give back to the less fortunate. This is a new year and a time for resolutions. Why not make it your New Year’s resolution to take a break from the everyday hustle and bustle and serve at a church or at a pet adoption center or a senior living center? Whether you give financially or donate your spare time to help someone in need, either way will go a long way. I strongly believe our gifts are not only meant for us to enjoy. I believe I have what I have so that I can share with those who are without.

No comments:

Post a Comment