Monday, January 9, 2012

Passion and Career

I was asked to write up a biography for a local DJ’s Website that is currently under construction. I was flattered he entrusted me with such a task. He is phenomenal in his craft and was blessed to have found his one passion at an early age. Over 21 years ago, he discovered an interest. He turned that interest into a disciplined practice. He shared his skillful gift with the masses. After all these years of being in business, his unique expertise has steadily been in high demand. He's getting paid to do what he loves...and he sure loves what he does. He shared a personal quote that I want to make my mantra in my own career path. He simply stated to “find out what you’re passionate about and do it for the rest of your life.”

As I’ve written more than once, I’m blessed with many talents and the potential to succeed. However, I’m still struggling to find that one craft I’m so passionate to hone and perfect. If only I could focus on the one thing I love to do in this life and utilize it as a financial means to give back to God and to provide for my family. But what the heck is that one thing?

Well, it’s 3:14am and there are other productive things I could be doing with my insomnia. But instead, I choose to write what it’s in my heart. Perhaps I should just write forever. I should write what I learn. I should write about my defeats and victories. I should write about what hurts me and what makes my heart soar. I should write until I run out of words, which will probably never happen. I love words. I love using the right words. I love writing the powerful words that capture exactly how I feel at that given moment. Perhaps writing is my passion?

Well, I’ve got a lot of work to do. Thank God it’s a new year and I can begin with a clean slate with the will to hone this craft. I don’t believe I’m a great writer yet. But I have enough passion to share and use this talent for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment