Friday, July 16, 2010

Learning the hard way

Today was day 15 of daily devotional with my husband. Today's scripture reading is 1 Corinthians 4:1-5. I was in for a rude awakening immediately after reading. God spoke to my heart and I'm now understanding that as Christians, we MUST be slow to judge others but quick to judge ourselves. In my last post I did not obey.

I intended to put myself out there so that whoever reads this blog sees I'm nothing but an imperfect person trying to do what's right and good. I am and always will be a firm believer that nothing in my life just happened to me. God allows the burdens and joys as a direct result of the lifestyle choice I have made from the FREE WILL God has blessed me with. If I choose to live wrongfully, I will suffer consequences. If I choose to live righteously according to the Word, I will be blessed by HIS gifts alone.

Today's devotional taught me a valuable life lesson in my Christian journey, and I had to learn the hard way. Although I was quick to judge myself, I was much too quick to judge lifestyle choices of others. In the previous post, I allowed my impulsiveness to get the best of me, and I let that overpower what is right.

Only God can judge. Only God can condemn. It's hard for me to grasp that only God can expose the intentions of the heart. Only I can say my life is left to face consequences based on past lifestyle choices. I regret posting what was in my heart at that exact moment. There was no humility in my timing, and that's my bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment