Monday, March 29, 2010

Woohooo...I get to work out!

It's a gorgeous Monday afternoon. This time of the season is usually when I decide to get my lazy butt in gear. I have a goal weight by May, and I'm going to do the uncomfortable to get there. My husband and I are going to Las Vegas and Montreal. I have NO excuse not to look my best for these two destinations. People often complain that they have to go and workout. I've learned to twist that crappy attitude I have always had. Why not make it positive?

I was listening to a successful female entrepreneur discuss her battle with breast cancer. Praise God she has lived to tell about it. She said something that totally changed my attitude about fitness and exercise. Before she was diagnosed, like me, she had always said “Ah man, I have to go the gym today.” Time had passed and she had been diagnosed with a highly aggressive form of breast cancer. After chemo treatments, hair loss and the emotional tug of leaving her family behind if she lost her battle, miraculously she was healed. Her faith in God and purpose in life pushed her to fight off the cancer. Now after years of recovery, each time she goes to the gym, she says to herself, ”Oh yes, I get to go to the gym today!”

You see, just turn it around and see what a blessing sacrificing a mere hour and some physical strain for your health can be. If you are physically capable to work out, then why the heck not?! If you don’t have time, then make the time! If you don’t have a gym membership, then enjoy this beautiful weather and run around your neighborhood! If you’re too tired to walk out the door, then that’s even more reason to get off your butt and expend the energy so you can feel revived, refreshed and of course feel like you’re doing your body good.

This is my second and last entry for the day. I’m getting off my butt to go and run. Have a lovely Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment