Monday, March 29, 2010

A Walk to Remember

I'm a typical sap. I LOVE romantic comedies and heart-wrenching romance and drama. I'm watching what I once thought was a teeny-bopper flick. I thought Mandy Moore was exceptional in "A Walk to Remember." I cry every single time I watch it.

Her death is not what makes me emotional. What touches me most is that in her short-lived life she had purpose and she knew to live it according to God's bigger plan for her. Now that's a HUGE realization.

We're all here on earth to explore what makes us all so great. Do you remember those posters hanging in your elementary school classroms? My favorite poster said "No one can do everything, but everyone can do something." I took that to heart even at a young age.

Now at 28, I'm realizing that my passions, my abilities, my mistakes and my triumphs all happened for a reason. Stay tuned to this blog...I'm slowly but surely going to share my heart to you and pour out my confessions and growing pains. It will be sweetly conveyed while brutally honest as I can possibly be. I'm doing this not so you can judge me. I'm doing this because God gave me the passion to write what's in my heart. It took a few people to make me realize I should take that passion and share it with anyone who cares to know. (I praise God for Junior, Smita and Judy for inspiring me to start this blog.)

I once heard a good writer writes what he/she knows. I know that I've gotten myself where I am today. I know that I have chosen to become a woman of faith after the mistakes and pain I've caused to those around me. I know that I'm here to do something HUGE, and I'll spend my life trying to figure that out while at the same time helping as many people around me to find what they're good at so they can give it back too.

2 comments:

  1. Love that you're doing this...LOVE you! - S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with smita :) i have bookdmarked your blog.

    ReplyDelete