Sunday, March 28, 2010

How I spend my dash

First and foremost, thanks for stopping by! My purpose here is to share my heart to you through words of inspiration while capturing MY honesty in its sweetest form.

I became consciously aware of a new purpose in my life back in January 2009. I listened to a colleague share a moving piece of poetry that rocked my soul to its core. It's simple in its phrasing yet monumental in its meaning. After hearing the poem all the way through, I knew I was meant to do something great.

There are a select few individuals in my life who have been a potent supplement to my daily dosage of "good." Their actions are my barometer in determining just how much push I need to talk the talk and walk the walk. Their actions push me to truly want to become the amazing woman God expects me to be.

Too often we all lose sight of our purpose. I pray that I always find my way back and realize these God-given talents aren't mine to hoard and keep to myself. I do what I do for something far greater and much bigger than me. I know that I'm here to put on a show...I want to always lead by example. Britney is a genius! I totally agree that there are two types of people in the world -- the ones that entertain and the ones that observe.

I'm here to prove that I'm great. God made each one of us great in our own ways. I'm living life in a constant state of excitement, curiosity and passion. I don't ever want to settle, and I NEVER want to be complacent. This life is mine to live and these talents are mine to share.

For those of you who are happy with life but you know you could be happier, I challenge you to reflect on your own journey. Reflect on past mistakes and pray for those mistakes you have yet to make. Look at your life and the person you've become. Are you happy? Are you giving it your all? Are you pushing yourself to become the greatness you're meant to be? Do me a favor, please. Read the excerpt below from that magical poem I mentioned earlier. Tell me what you think.

An excerpt from The Dash Poem - by Linda Ellis

I read of a man who stood to speak
At the funeral of a friend
He referred to the dates on her tombstone
From the beginning to the end
He noted that first came the date of her birth
And spoke the following date with tears,
But he said what mattered most of all
Was the dash between those years
For that dash represents all the time
That she spent alive on earth.
And now only those who loved her
Know what that little line is worth.
For it matters not how much we own;
The cars, the house, the cash,
What matters is how we live and love
And how we spend our dash.

1 comment:

  1. Praise God!
    I've always enjoyed your writings. Thank you for sharing all that God's been doing in your life. You leave each of your readers a better, more inspired person.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete