Monday, November 8, 2010

The greatest gift

I have a journal that I jot down the verses in scripture that seem most compelling to my life and this journey I’ve chosen to take. I just skimmed through it and stumbled upon my notes from the Our Daily Bread devotional on July 15th. Psalm 71 was the featured reading, and today it speaks so loudly to my heart.

My husband and I are blessed to be experiencing this new life growing within me. It’s been a healthy pregnancy thus far, and I pray God continues to protect Baby and me. I’ve written in a previous post that this pregnancy came as a shock. Although my husband and I have been trying to become pregnant since we miscarried back in January, it was a huge surprise to realize God wanted to give us a new life in our marriage right now. Truly it happened in HIS time…not in our own.

I believe this pregnancy came to us now as both my husband and I, for the first time, are going out of our way to seek spiritual guidance and wisdom. Never before have we cared so much to work towards a righteous Christian life. Ever since we decided to follow this challenging path, the rewards have been so great.

But I must admit the greatest gift of all is not just this pregnancy. I believe God’s greatest gift is the opportunity He’s given us to pass along the lessons learned to our precious baby. I believe the timing was strategically planned to allow us to see a miracle performed before our very eyes. There is no perfect time to have a baby…but there is perfection in God’s perfect plan and timing. It’s a miracle we became pregnant when we did…so soon after painfully losing our first baby-to-be.

Today we’re still facing challenges and victories within married life, family life, church life and social life. But in everything we overcome as well as every joy we’re blessed to experience, there is always a spiritual lesson learned. Each lesson can and should be handed down to the next generation. We were put in such a place to live, love, lose, learn and then to spread the good Word that binds all experiences to one sole purpose – to realize our life is not our own.

I’m so thankful for this beautiful pregnancy because I know it’s my calling as a mother-to-be to equip this baby with moral values, spiritual wisdom, hope and faith in God’s ultimate plan. As Christ followers, we’re all called to spread God’s miraculous powers to the younger generations. As soon-to-be parents, it’s our choosing to answer that call.

1 comment:

  1. "There is no perfect time to have a baby…but there is perfection in God’s perfect plan and timing." Amen! That we could all trust in that perfection more often! Can't wait to see you in person with that bump! Beautiful glow :)

    ReplyDelete