Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Believe in God because He believes in you

I firmly believe our paths have been predetermined by God. I believe we’re all called to be great to glorify the one God who intended for us all to be great. But I must remind myself that my own standards of greatness mean nothing. God is the judge and only He can lead me towards greatness if in my heart of hearts I let Him lead. I must remember to let go and let God!

"Lord, keep us faithful to Your Word,
Although, at times, we might rephrase;
And help us never twist its truths
To justify our selfish ways." —Sper
Our Daily Bread Devotional Oct. 16, 2010

In past years, I have made poor decisions and have become complacent in certain lifestyle situations. But I’m learning, growing and finally realizing humility and faithful perseverance are vital in every decision I make from here on out. Although I’m blessed to know where I want to go, it’s not enough to believe in myself. I must believe in God because He believes in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment