Monday, June 28, 2010

How can I be used?

God has blessed me with insurmountable talents. HE gave me gifts of communication and influence, creative passions, music, athleticism, strong health, and a growing sense of wisdom in spirituality.

There are so many things I can do -- few of which I can do extremely well. I know God strategically blessed me with gifts to be used for some life-altering purpose. But what the heck is it? How am I supposed to be used to serve HIS greater purpose?

Look at the late Michael Jackson. This past weekend was a time of remembrance for the greatest entertainer that ever lived. I heard an interview he conducted on-air a while back. He said nothing in his life was done without him first asking God to guide him in every step and in every decision. He always asked God to lead the way. He also never wanted his subconscious to overcome his wisdom and faith in God. He had faith God would show him how he could be used to touch the lives of people all over the world. He knew God blessed him with a gift of music and dance to give the people what they want. He used his talents as a means to strive for perfection. He claimed in his interview that he had yet to reach perfection. But he never stopped trying -- even in his final days on earth.

Michael is an inspiration. He inspired me to question how I can be used for a much greater purpose. What am I meant to do with these awesome talents God has blessed me with? I want to do something HUGE...but I have NO clue what that's supposed to be.

2 comments:

  1. ...and on the other hand, you can do many small things with great LOVE (Mother Teresa), and eventually it will all amount to a HUGE impact and a lasting legacy. :) Sometimes we overachieve, but God only asks for a willing heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So eloquently put, Cheryl! Thank you! You only speak the truth and I will forever hold on to this. Sometimes I get so clouded in my own overachieving ambitions that I fail to recognize God never demands that we attain such perfection. All HE asks for is our heart.

    ReplyDelete