Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Let the countdown begin!

I’m in my final four weeks of pregnancy with Baby Eli. I’m scheduled for a C-section delivery on July 2 but am praying that Eli will be delivered the vaginal way. Call me crazy, but I would love to experience my water breaking and the torment of laboring for hours. My mom says I’m not missing out on much. But I’ll take 17 hours of labor over the intense weeks of recovery from a C-section surgery…bleh!

So far, I’ve gained roughly 31-34 lbs. The scale says something different every morning when I weigh myself after I get out of bed and before I put anything into my enormous stomach. My belly is SO huge these days, and I can’t seem to get myself to take pictures now that I’m so far along in my pregnancy. I am HUGE and no angle is flattering. But I feel guilty that Eli doesn’t have baby bump pictures to look back on. Hopefully I will come to my senses and will take some pictures before we all meet the little guy.

In about two weeks, I’ve been encouraged to take a last chance sonogram to see just how big this baby boy is. I was told if he’s anywhere below 8 pounds, I have a greater chance of delivery vaginally. If he’s anywhere over 8 pounds, the safe and smart route would be surgery. Isaac weighed almost 9 pounds at birth. It would be a shock to us all if Eli weighed less than that.

For those of you who read this blog, I ask you to please keep our family, Baby Eli, and myself in your prayers. We’re in the home stretch and although I’m more uncomfortable than ever, I’m so anxious to hold this baby in my arms and witness Isaac’s first reaction to his little baby brother. Thanks, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment