Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

I woke up to feed the baby at 5:45 this morning and was thrilled to see live coverage of the royal wedding. It was magical and so romantic in its dignity and traditional honor. Kate Middleton did her own makeup on her wedding day. I admire her integrity in that she wanted to most closely resemble herself on her wedding as the girl Prince William fell in love with.



I was more of a traditional bride on my big day. I was not over the top nor was I too simple. I felt like a princess adorned in my hand-sown veil and satin white gown.



I went for simple elegance and remained emphatic yet poised throughout the nuptial mass service and evening reception. My hair was down with loose curls and partly pulled back. I wanted to look like myself and not terribly made up. I did have a talented makeup artist for my wedding day. She was the best in her craft. She created a naturally flawless look accentuating my facial features. She did an incredible job complementing what God gave me. I have never felt more beautiful than on my wedding day. That’s how every bride should feel on her wedding day. Whether royalty or not, every blushing bride is a princess bride.

The only two things that we did that strayed away from the conventional were the father-daughter dance and our surprise tribute to our friends and family. Again our wedding day was such a joyous occasion. We partied the night away and put on a show for our beloved in attendance. We created a moment both my husband and I will forever remember and hopefully for those who were there will also never forget.





Now please don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to compare myself to the incomparable Kate Middleton, but I wanted to share just how special simple elegance can be for a blushing bride on her big day. To you ladies who are about to be married, I believe you will look your best by looking most like your everyday beautiful selves. Basque in the honorable beauty embodied in the nuptial ceremony. Remain poised and confident throughout. After all is said and done, you will look back truly cherishing every fleeting moment when all eyes are on you and yours will be on the perfect man you're going to marry.

No comments:

Post a Comment