Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A very productive lunch

I had the most delectable and productive lunch with my amazing mother-in-law. We didn't talk about our usual topics of conversations. Instead, we began brainstorming ways to collaborate and apply God-given talents for the benefit of others. If we are to actually pursue her action plan, the main objective would be to help groups of people find stable income so they can provide for their families with less financial worries or economic uncertainties.

My mother-in-law is an incredible human being with a soulful desire to help anyone in need. She presented a business idea to me that completely blew me away. I of course cannot share in detail what her plan is just yet. She still needs to hone in on her focus. But I'm proud to say, we actually put a business plan on paper and have assumed deadline dates for action items that will not only keep her motivated but will hold her accountable. (So many of us dream big but never follow it up with action.) She's graciously involving me in her business ideas. It's an honor to know she trusts me with her vision for this rather audacious plan.

Although the business plan is still in its infancy, I truly believe in what she's trying to accomplish. Let me just share the kind of person that she is and how we can all learn from her selflessness. She's been cooking up ideas to help people she knows who are financially unstable and who have an urgent need to care for their family. Over a delicious lunch of fried pork chops and sesame seed oiled-snow peas, we discussed how her business will help so many people in need. The business isn't about how much she can profit. Again, her goal is to help as many people as she possibly can. She's willing to venture out beyond her medical expertise to the foreign world of entrepreneurship. She'll put herself out there by taking and assuming all associated risks. This is her venture, her sacrifice, her blood, her sweat and her tears for the benefit of others. She's just putting what blessings God has bestowed upon her to good use. Believe me...she wants nothing more than to bring others to the very tip top.

She doesn't care for profit margins nor does she care for fame or prestige. She just wants to help people in a very unique way. In fact, it's so unique, I don't think this particular idea has been attempted in this geographical area. She has me salivating at just the thought. I of course see financial success as a potential reward. But she doesn't. Again, profits are not what matter to her. All she kept going on an on about is how many people she can help along the way.

With her attitude, creativity, spirituality, and her heart of philanthropy, I have all of the faith that she will succeed in more ways than she can even fathom. She understands that in order to make anything of yourself, you must be willing to help those in need. It seems as if this business would be her most exceptional form of giving back to the community she already so selflessly gives to.

Most people are inclined to do the work because there's something in it for them. Not my mother-in-law. She wants to do the work because there's so much in it for everyone around her. To me, reaching that pinnacle is the ultimate joy we're all meant to achieve. But there aren't many like her who will seize the opportunity to experience such a great and immeasurable reward.

I am going to help her get this idea off the ground and running. Praise God I have the time and resources to help. But first, there's a lot of work and more brainstorming to be done. Stay tuned...if it's in God's plan, this truly will happen and will be a story worth following.

No comments:

Post a Comment