Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Histrionic Personality Disorder

HISTRIONIC PERSONALITY DISORDER is a condition in which a person acts very emotional and dramatic in order to get attention. Symptoms include Acting or looking overly seductive, Being overly concerned with their looks, Being overly dramatic and emotional, Needing to be the center of attention, Quickly changing emotions, Believing that relationships are more intimate than they actually ARE.

Praise God for He has healed me from the Histrionic Personality Disorder I have lived with for these past 28 years. Ever since I changed my heart and am now devoted to following Christ, I can now become devoted to my husband and become the woman God intended for me to be. Only GOD knows my heart, and I have changed completely. I am not the woman I once was. I LOVE who I have chosen to become.
I was once very emotional and dramatic in order to get attention from everyone. I always acted and looked overly seductive while being concerned about how I looked when I went out of my way to be overly seductive. I craved to be the center of attention. A particular relationship I fell into was more intimate than the other party ever intended it to be.

I praise God for my dear sister in Christ who made me realize such a brutal truth about the evil that lurked inside the fiber of my being. I was evil. I was "tempted by my own evil desire, and was dragged away and was enticed." James 1:14

I am forever grateful to my sister in Christ for making me take a hard look at the ugly woman I was. I thank her for loving me enough to think about my issues and challenges that I must overcome. Thanks to her, I have someone else holding me accountable. She's a blessing. I praise God for her, my dear sister in Christ.

1 comment: