Thursday, May 6, 2010

Charm is deceptive

I'm the first person to admit this -- I can charm myself into and out of almost any situation. For those who know me, you can understand how I've used my outlandish personality to win over the hearts of everyone I meet. What the heck for?! What is even the point? Why must I prove myself to people who I owe nothing to?!

Here's where I have gone wrong -- I have put my hope in the beauty of the external. I care about what clothes hug my body most flatteringly. I care about the perfect blend of 3-color Mary Kay mineral eye shadow I splash on my eyes. I go out of my way to stand erect with what I label as class and sophistication in most social situations. But what the heck for? Well let me share, my FORMER goal in this life was to win the hearts of everyone I meet relying on external beauty and charming deceit. Why is this wrong? Because it is completely against what God has intended for my life as a Christian wife.

I was listening to a sermon online regarding the sanctification of marriage. I've learned today that the woman that God praises is directly stated in Proverbs 31:25-31. Read it NOW and enlighten yourselves!

For the first time, I am holding on ever so tightly to putting my hope in the Lord and not placing hope in my external beauty. Only God knows my heart, but I truly believe I am a woman that is clothing myself with strength and dignity...I make it a point to speak with wisdom, and faithful instruction is all I wish to share. My charm was deceptive to everyone who knew my old heart. But since I am now a woman who fears the Lord, HE will praise me. I will accept any rewards HE gives me for I have chosen to be this woman. I praise God for the change I've made with this new heart. Thanks to HIS word and HIS truth, I am NO longer in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment