Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Six-Word Memoir

A few days ago, Our Daily Bread Devotional referenced SMITH magazine, an online community that “celebrates the joy of storytelling.” SMITH asked their readers to write six-word memoirs to best capture their lives. They received thousands of responses with 6-word stories ranging from light-hearted comments like “Sweet wife, good sons—I’m rich” to the more brutal “Sixty. Still haven’t forgiven my parents.”

What is your 6-word memoir on your life? Mine would be one of the following:
- Truly blessed – couldn’t ask for more.
- Personal mistakes yield great lessons learned.
- My God made all this possible.

It’s now February and it’s crazy to think we’re going to have a baby in a matter of weeks…or maybe even in a matter of days! We’ve been so blessed over the course of this pregnancy, and I’m forever grateful to have such a healthy experience these past 9months. But I’m doing my best to look past the 45+ pounds I’ve gained and all of the water retention that makes me look like a bloated pregnant lady so soon to pop.



I just wanted to take the time to thank the special people who helped make all of our three memorable and enjoyable baby showers such a success. My husband and I have enjoyed three consecutive baby showers in the past three weeks. I have never eaten so much cake in such a short amount of time…but hey, I ain’t complaining.







Thanks also to everyone who showered us with such great baby gifts. Isaac is truly well equipped with the essentials and has more adorable outfits than I can keep up with. What I will remember most from all of these baby showers is the effort that everyone put into making each event a special one for us and for our guests. Many thanks to you all very special people in our lives. We feel so blessed to have your love and support. Thanks for everything! As in my 6-word memoir and thanks to you all I feel, “truly blessed – couldn’t ask for more."





No comments:

Post a Comment