Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Six more weeks to go!

Not only is it hard to believe that it’s now 2011, but it’s surreal to know I have just six more weeks to go in my pregnancy. Baby Isaac is due mid-February, and I love telling people I will have a baby next month! I don’t know what feeling overwhelms me more – excitement or absolute terror. Anyone who knows me is familiar with my rather low threshold for pain. How am I ever going to pop out a baby? But on the flip side, all I can think about is bringing a new life into this world. I can’t wait to see my husband as a father. I can’t wait to meet my baby boy for the first time. Already this baby is so loved. We’re all so eager to finally meet him.

I must admit, it makes my day when strangers congratulate me on my baby bump or receiving special treatment from passersby everywhere I go. Clearly, it’s hard for me to do simple things on my own. There have been so many nice people along the way who offer a hand to a pregnant woman on her feet. I get so tickled when people take notice of me noticing other toddlers from a distance. I’ve even had some businessman at Starbucks ask me if I’m ready for what’s ahead after watching me watch a mom with her baby boy.

Just before New Year’s my husband and I ate at our neighborhood Cheddars – I had a specific craving. In the parking lot, we both went gaga over this precious little girl who had to be 3 or 4 years old. She was too adorable for words. She was a spunky one. Funny enough, her family was seated directly across from us. Each time I could secretly admire her lovable spirit, I’d glance over to see her enjoying her food.

Just after we paid our bill, we got up from the table to leave and I noticed as I stood up, the little girl looked directly at me as if she’d been trying to get my attention. When she noticed that I noticed her, she gave me the biggest, warmest smile I’ve ever seen. This precious little girl completely made by day by flashing such a beautiful and genuine smile. My husband noticed and as we exited the restaurant, he leaned over to me and said, “Well that was the cutest thing ever!”

She warmed my heart and another fleeting moment overwhelmed my soul. Once again, I couldn’t wait to be a mommy. She was just so precious and so full of energy. I appreciated how she didn’t shy away when I smiled back. In fact, she just smiled bigger! It was a nice way to end the evening and I know I’ll never forget the way that little one warmed my heart so. Man…I’m SO ready to have this baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment